Classic Swedish gastronomy in a unique environment
Villa Godthem, a unique Swiss-style wholesaler villa from the end of the 19th century, is located on idyllic Djurgården, yet close to the pulse of the big city. It is the classic restaurant kitchen that is villa Godthem's soul.
Godthem has a diverse and lovely crowd of guests gathered for business lunches, dates, weekend dinners, cocktails and weddings for over a century. And it is easy to understand that you enjoy it when classic Swedish food crafts are served in one of the country's most beautiful environments, when the historical wings meet the present in a relaxed and inviting way.
Welcome to the house!
Food & Beverages
Classic restaurant cuisine is close to our hearts. Here you'll find everything from plank steak (originally from Villa Godthem) to dishes like Toast Skagen, Pelle Janzon and Biff Rydberg. Our head chef Antonio Molina and his team are constantly developing and refining the dishes until they are unique without losing their classic roots.
Picnic on Djurgården
Picnics can be one of the most cozy things in the world - but sometimes there is no time for all the preparations. Then we have made it easy for you by producing a picnic bag from Villa Godthem! The bag costs 300 SEK per person and the minimum order is two people.
Christmas table takeaway
Want to focus on Christmas cheer, family and friends and skip the Christmas rush this year? Between 24 November and 24 December you can enjoy Villa Godthems Christmas food at home or in the office.
The Christmas food, served in five acts, is carefully prepared according to classic recipes and with traditional ingredients. The Christmas cateating comes with a simple instruction on how to complete the final steps to serve a Swedish classic Christmas buffet as smoothly as possible.
Price: 675 SEK per person.
Minimum order is for two persons.
New Year's Catering
Put the champagne on ice, but then make it easy on yourself and order New Year's catering from the Villa!
We've created a classic three-course New Year's Eve soup, with simple instructions for making the final touches at home. Start with Öjebyskagen with trout roe, continue with grilled fillet of beef with delicious accompaniments and finish with chocolate pannacotta with cloudberry compote.
Price 725 kr / person.
Minimum order is for two persons.
Celebrate Christmas at Villa Godthem
We look forward to welcoming you to Djurgården where the snow (hopefully) creaks under your shoes and fire baskets crackle outside Villa Godthem. Inside the beautiful wholesaler villa, the fire burns, the smell of mulled wine spreads and a classic Swedish Christmas buffet is served. Here, Christmas food is carefully prepared according to classic recipes and with traditional ingredients. A warm welcome to an atmospheric Christmas at Villa Godthem!
Children 0-3 years free
4-12 years 35kr/year
Vegetarians and vegans 30% discount
- Wednesday 22 Nov - Lunch 795 SEK / Afternoon 895 SEK / Evening 895 SEK
- Thursday 23 Nov - Lunch 795 SEK / Afternoon 895 SEK / Evening 895 SEK
- Friday 24 Nov - Lunch SEK 895 / Afternoon SEK 995 / Evening SEK 995
- Saturday 25 Nov - Lunch 995 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 995 SEK
- Sunday 26 Nov - Lunch 995 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 895 SEK
- Monday 27 Nov - Lunch 795 SEK / Afternoon 795 SEK / Evening 895 SEK
- Tuesday 28 Nov - Lunch 795 SEK / Afternoon 795 SEK / Evening 895 SEK
- Wednesday 29 Nov - Lunch 795 SEK / Afternoon 795 SEK / Evening 995 SEK
- Thursday 30 Nov - Lunch 795 SEK / Afternoon 895 SEK / Evening 1095 SEK
- Friday 1 Dec - Lunch 895 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 1095 SEK
- Saturday 2 Dec - Lunch 995 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 1095 SEK
- Sunday 3 Dec - Lunch 995 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 895 SEK
- Monday 4 Dec - Lunch 795 SEK / Afternoon 795 SEK / Evening 895 SEK
- Tuesday 5 Dec - Lunch 795 SEK / Afternoon 795 SEK / Evening 895 SEK
- Wednesday 6 Dec - Lunch 895 SEK / Afternoon 895 SEK / Evening 995 SEK
- Thursday 7 Dec - Lunch 895 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 1095 SEK
- Friday 8 Dec - Lunch 895 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 1095 SEK
- Saturday 9 Dec - Lunch 995 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 1095 SEK
- Sunday 10 Dec - Lunch 995 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 895 SEK
- Monday 11 Dec - Lunch 895 SEK / Afternoon 895 SEK / Evening 995 SEK
- Tuesday 12 Dec - Lunch 895 SEK / Afternoon 895 SEK / Evening 995 SEK
- Wednesday 13 Dec - Lunch 895 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 1095 SEK
- Thursday 14 Dec - Lunch 895 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 1095 SEK
- Friday 15 Dec - Lunch 895 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 1095 SEK
- Saturday 16 Dec - Lunch 995 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 1095 SEK
- Sunday 17 Dec - Lunch 995 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 895 SEK
- Monday 18 Dec - Lunch 895 SEK / Afternoon 895 SEK / Evening 995 SEK
- Tuesday 19 Dec - Lunch 895 SEK / Afternoon 895 SEK / Evening 995 SEK
- Wednesday 20 Dec - Lunch 895 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 995 SEK
- Thursday 21 Dec - Lunch 895 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 995 SEK
- Friday 22 Dec - Lunch 995 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 995 SEK
- Saturday 23 Dec - Lunch 995 SEK / Afternoon 995 SEK / Evening 995 SEK
- Sunday 24 Dec - Lunch 1395 SEK / Afternoon 1395 SEK / Evening 1395 SEK
- Monday 25 Dec - Lunch 895 SEK / Afternoon 895 SEK / Evening 895 SEK
- Tuesday 26 Dec - Lunch 895 SEK / Afternoon 895 SEK / Evening 895 SEK
BOOKING CONDITIONS CHRISTMAS TABLE 2023
This applies to bookings for up to 20 people.
You can cancel the table free of charge up to 10 days before your arrival. Up to 72 hours before arrival you can change the number of guests in your party. Cancellation / changes in the number of guests outside these time frames will be charged with 500 SEK per person.
This applies to bookings for 21 people or more.
For this booking to be valid, you must reply and confirm an email within 72 hours of your booking. You can cancel the table without any charge up to 21 days before your arrival. Up to 10 days before arrival you can change the number of guests in your party. Cancellations/changes in the number of guests outside these timeframes will be charged with 500 SEK per person.
Now we serve Afternoon tea at Villa Godthem! Take a lovely walk around Djurgården and then enjoy a variety of lovely coffee and tea mixes, sandwiches, sweets and maybe a glass of champagne. Afternoon tea is served every day from 12:00 to 17:00.
Afternoon tea is pre-booked at least 7 hours before.
Please let us know at the time of booking if you wish gluten-free, lactose-free or vegetarian.
From 395 kr
Few places are as cosy to celebrate this magical holiday as here at Djurgården. Our kitchen team has put together a classic midsummer menu with herring, fresh potatoes, plank steak and, of course, strawberries and vanilla ice cream to finish. Of course, you can also book a drinks package in the spirit of Midsummer.
Do you prefer to celebrate Midsummer with friends at home or in the country? Then we recommend the Villans Midsummer to go - where you buy an almost ready-made midsummer menu to take home.
New Year at Villa Godthem
Celebrate the New Year at the idyllic Djurgården, where the Villa's chef Antonio Molina has put together a New Year's menu that starts with canapés and continues with venison carpaccio, followed by grilled fillet of beef, truffle béarnaise and pommes duchesse, or steamed herb cod. Dinner ends with a saffron parfait with citrus mascarpone and cloudberries in the unique merchant's villa in one of Stockholm's most beautiful settings!
Celebrate Easter at Djurgården
Uniquely located right next to the water at Djurgården is Villa Godthem and here it is perfect to have Easter lunch or Easter dinner with your closest ones – of course in a pandemic-proof way.
The villa's Easter menu starts with herring tray: three different herrings with Västerbotten cream, sour cream and boiled potatoes. For the main course, a lamb roast with ram onions, green asparagus, duck liver, lamb sauce and potato voice is served and, sweetly, a chocolate mousse cake with dulche de leche-ganach and coffee glaze.
Of course, we have also put together a suitable beverage package for the complete Easter meal.
Crayfish at Villa Godthem
The most wonderful thing about August is the crayfish season! At Villa Godthem we keep the traditions and serve a unique crayfish menu between August 15 and September 17. For the crayfish menu, we have also developed a beverage package that fits perfectly. If you are more than 12 people who want to eat the crayfish menu, you need to email or call us to pre-order.
Maybe you are a group of people who want to have a proper crayfish party?
Hats, nubs and all the classic accessories? We are of course happy to arrange this for you, but we need your order at least 1 week in advance.
Send an email to email@example.com
The garden is beautifully paved and full of beautiful plants. Here you can settle down in comfortable lounge furniture and of course there are heaters and blankets if it gets chilly.
The bar offers a selection of wines, cocktails, beers and non-alcoholic options and for those who are hungry there are both smaller bar snacks and a full menu.
Here you come if you want to escape the stress of the big city and get a rural feel in combination with good food and drink. Here you will find peace and quiet – even though it is in the middle of town overlooking djurgårdskanalen. Villa Godthem is ideal for the whole family – a playful place for both large and small guests.
Planning a christening, confirmation, small wedding, graduation or birthday party for your nearest and dearest? Villa Godthem is located right next to the water, a setting that is both inspiring and calming. A merchant's villa with a large garden a stone's throw from the city. Here we help you plan and execute a family celebration for your nearest and dearest.
Together we create the memories of life!
It's a huge confidence to plan and perform someone's wedding. This is one of the greatest days of your life – and we promise to put an enormous amount of love, commitment and creativity into together making your wedding day the most beautiful of days.
With the unique location next to the water, Villa Godthem has enormous potential as the bride and groom can make an entrance both by sea or by land.
On verandan we can accommodate about 120 seated guests and indoors we offer about 160 seats. For small and intimate weddings (up to a maximum of 40 guests), the Club Room fits perfectly – here you are completely separated from the rest of the restaurant.
Welcome to contact us for a personal meeting and viewing!
Contact us and we will help you with your wedding:
or tel. +46 8 684 238 40
Villa Godthem is a unique wholesaler villa and former private residence that was completed in 1874. It was built as a gift by devoted admirers to renowned opera singer Carl Johan Uddman. The story tells that the voluminous Uddman, unusually, walked home from the Opera One evening and once he entered the hall he exclaimed "I've GONE home!!!" – hence the name. Since the Stockholm Exhibition in 1897, Villa Godthem has served as a restaurant.